Sohag Museum

The site of the Sohag Museum on the Nile was chosen to confirm the role of the Nile River in the stability and prosperity of civilization. The museum is located on an area of 6500 m2 and consists of two floors and a basement.

The museum displays the most important artifacts that were extracted from various locations in the province, and the number of more than 7000 pieces of archaeological, and unique museum exhibits a number of rare mummies.

The museum shows the most important kings of Pharaonic Egypt who came out of the land of Sohag. It also sheds light on the ancient Egyptian religion and the pilgrimage to Abydos, in addition to the popular heritage of the province and its most important characters and industries.

Archaeological Museum of Matrouh

The Museum of Archeology of Matrouh was established inside the Egypt Public Library in Matruh Governorate in cooperation with the Governorate to shed light on the city of Marsa Matrouh and its rich history throughout the ages.

The total area of ​​the museum is 728 square meters, divided into two floors. The museum includes many artifacts that highlight the achievements of the kings of Egypt during the different ages, the most important of which is the Pharaonic period such as securing the borders and the establishment of fortresses and castles in the western border area of ​​Egypt; highlighting the historic importance of the area which is the gate of Western Egypt in addition to its role in fishing and trade and its relationship to its neighbors, The light exhibits on the desert goddesses. The museum presentation scenario also deals with other topics such as astronomy, science, and philosophy.

The museum shows the most important kings of Pharaonic Egypt who came out of the land of Sohag. It also sheds light on the ancient Egyptian religion and the pilgrimage to Abydos, in addition to the popular heritage of the province and its most important characters and industries.

Museum of Tel Basta

This museum was opened in 2018 in the archaeological area of Tel Basta to include a collection of artifacts that reflect the history of the province of Sharkia through the ages, and sheds light on the work of excavations carried out by the Egyptian and foreign missions in the province in general, and in the area of Tel Bastia in particular.

The museum contains a variety of monuments, including sculptures made of burnt clay, a number of runways, tables for offerings, head supports, and colors for mummies.

Museum of Melloy

Located in the heart of Melloui, the museum was first opened on July 23, 1962 and closed after being vandalized and looted in August 2013. It was reopened in September 2016 after the restoration of the building, the restoration of most of the stolen artifacts and the restoration of many artifacts.

The museum shows the history of Minya throughout the ages through some 1000 artifacts found in Ashmounin, Touna al-Jabal, and Tel Amarna.

Museum of Khufu Boat

This museum was established in 1954 in the southern part of the pyramid of Khufu, and it was called the “Sun Boat”. It was then believed that it was made for use by the king on his two day journeys with the sun god “Ra” In the sky of the day and the sky of the other world at night, while others said that the boat was used to transfer the body of the king from the bank of the East Nile to the West Bank where he was buried.

It was made of cedar wood imported from Lebanon. It was found in a pit covered with 41 blocks of limestone and dismantled to some 6,500 parts, arranged carefully together to be assembled. The paddles, ropes, the sides of the booths, . It took years to assemble the boat, and was exhibited in the museum, which was set up in a detection location.

Kom Oshim Museum

The Kom Oshim Museum in Fayoum is located at the entrance to the famous city of Kranis, which is rich in many Greek-Roman ruins. The Kom Oshim Museum was opened in 1974 to introduce the history of Fayoum to include some of the artifacts found in the area.

The Kom Oshim Museum was reopened to visitors in November 2016 after its redevelopment. The screenplay focuses on a variety of topics related to daily life and economic activities in the old Fayoum community such as agriculture, hunting, animal husbandry, birds and old industries.

Abdeen Palace Museum

Abdeen Palace is one of the most important buildings and the most famous Egyptian palaces that bear witness to the history of modern Egypt. It was the seat of the government during the period between 1872 and 1952 since the Khedive Ismail moved to it, leaving the castle, which was the seat of the government since it was built by Saladin. This palace is the first beginning of the emergence of modern Cairo, where Khedive Ismael ordered the construction of the palace immediately after he took power and at the same time ordered the planning of Cairo in the European style.

King Fuad was the first to dedicate some of the palace halls to the preparation of a museum to display the family’s top possessions of weapons, ammunition, medals, decorations and other. King Farouk completed the work of the museum. The museum and the addition of many holdings, especially weapons of all kinds, and attached to the museum library specialized in this area.

In the era of the former President of the Republic, “Mohamed Hosni Mubarak” returned attention to this great palace, has been restored architectural and technical overall, including the development and modernization of the Museum of weapons by re-coordinating and display its contents with the latest methods of display with the addition of a hall to display the various weapons received by “Mubarak” Different. Two museums have been created, one of which presents the gifts Mubarak has received on national occasions or during his travels in the countries of the world. The second museum displays the Mohammed Ali family’s holdings of silver and crystal vessels and utensils and other rare antiques.

The palace currently houses five museums:

The Military Museum: The most important exhibits are swords and daggers, especially Muhammad Ali Pasha and his son Ibrahim, and a sword belonging to Suleiman Pasha, the Francois Pasha (the warlord during the reign of Muhammad Ali), the sword of Napoleon Bonaparte, and a special dagger of the German commander Rommel, and two penguins manufactured on the occasion of the opening of the Suez Canal, The name of King Fouad and King Farouk, in addition to medals and medals inlaid with diamonds and precious stones.
Museum of Peace
Museum of family holdings “Mohammed Ali Pasha”
Museum of Historical Documents
Museum of silverware: It contains many utensils and tools used in concerts held at the events of the kings and princes of Mohammed Ali family, in addition to a rare collection of vases and bottles of fragrance from the work of the French artist “Emile Galle.”

Prince Mohammed Ali Palace Museum in Manial

Prince Mohammed Ali is the son of Khedive Tawfiq, the brother of Khedive Abbas Helmi II, and was the guardian of the throne after the death of his uncle, King Fouad I in 1936, and was crown prince of King Farouk until 1951. The Prince was a great man of culture, famous for his love of Islamic art, his collection of antiques and antiques, and his palace, which he recommended to be transformed into a museum of the most beautiful and important historical museums in Egypt.

The palace is unique in its architectural design. It was built in a modern Islamic style adapted from the Iranian and Mamluk schools. It also includes some Syrian, Moroccan and Andalusian decorations.

The Palace of Prince Mohammad Ali Pasha consists of an exterior wall surrounding the entrance to the palace. Inside the walls are the reception towers, the clock tower, the avenue, the mosque, the fishing museum, the residence palace, the throne palace, the private museum, the golden hall, .

Farouk Museum in Helwan

The Farouk Museum is located directly on the Nile, 6 km west of Helwan, along the main road leading from Cairo to Helwan, a royal retreat that was started in 1941 and opened by King Farouk on 5 September 1942. The total area of ​​the building and garden is about 11600 m2 .

The restroom was designed in the shape of a boat on the shore of the Nile. It was installed in the iron columns of the roof curtains giving the shape of the sails of the boat, and there are stone terraces on the beach used to sit and enjoy the view of the Nile and fishing, and the Marina was designed for the reception of yachts and large vessels, Limestone and limestone basins. The park also includes 33 mango trees of rare species cultivated in Egypt brought to the royal palaces of Albania. The museum exhibit includes a valuable collection of royal holdings of furniture, antiques, sculptures and paintings.

Jair Anderson Museum

The Jair Anderson Museum is one of the most important historical houses. It consists of two houses dating back to the Ottoman period, specifically during the 16th and 17th centuries AD, which were merged into one house. These two houses are best examples of Egyptian houses during the Ottoman period, both known as the “House of Crete”, which is due to the fact that the last owner of the house called “Amna Bint Salem” originates to the island of Crete. The Committee for the Preservation of Arab Antiquities restored the two houses and linked them to Qantara.

In 1935, Jair Andersson Pasha, an officer in the English Army, obtained the approval of the Committee for the Preservation of the Arab Antiquities on the residence of the two houses, as he was known for his fondness for the Antiquities. The two houses were converted into a museum when he left Egypt or after his death. During the period from 1935 to 1942 he collected many rare relics of different ages. Jair Anderson Pasha was forced to travel to England in 1942 because of his ill health. The Egyptian government handed over the two houses with antiquities and antiques and turned them into a museum called Jair Anderson.

Among the most prominent objects of the museum are Jair Anderson oil paintings in the library room, an oil painting from the Qajari era (Iran) and a collection of antiques made in China.